Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Battle of the Bakery's

With the summer well underway, the 4th of July fast approaching, and if you're life is anything like mine, Christmas being right around the corner, I thought it would be a good time to debate the local bakery's.

Where I reside, there are two specific bakery's vying for top spot. Each has their own following based mainly on their longevity, the family tradition, and of course their locale.

The two I am referring to are Corropolese and the Conshy bakery. Both have created their own little niche within their communities as well as area wide.

What I want to accomplish is finding out what other bakery's there are in and around the area and then have a little bit of a contest. This blog hits a wide area, so I want to give the readers from outside the Norristown and Conshohocken areas a chance to nominate their local favorite.

So, leave a comment or send an email. I will be heading out to each location to interview the employees, take pictures, list their histories, their specialties, and even speak to consumers on site to get their advice.

After each bakery is reviewed, I'll do a final post with my opinions on the best bakery's and move forward from there with reader opinions. If you know of a bakery/ deli in your area that you think should be nominated, speak up!

1 comment: